Saturday Jan 31st…
After sleeping in, I walked around the area surrounding campus. It was a beautiful day. I poked in and out of little street shops. I seemed to be going into a lot of DVD shops, I was kind of comparing prices on season packages (I found some great deals on the complete Friends set J ). Eventually, I ended up at the market west of campus and bought some amazing strawberries and cherries. I also bought some dumpling soup but the man put the nasty seaweed stuff in there. Yuck! At first he pointed to the seasonings so I said yes and when I walked away I smelled that aweful smell of the seaweed in my soup. When I got back to the room I made sure to pick all of the seaweed out of my soup, and then I proceeded to enjoy the soup.
I didn’t really do anything exciting in the afternoon. Eventually I walked around the XuJiaHui area and a group of us went to dinner. We found an Applebees!! Haha it was good. Although their Chicken Fajita Rollup is not the same---quite the let down! After dinner a group of us headed to Archies. We found the place on one of our Shanghai websites. It was a cute small place. It was really chill which was nice for a low key night. The owner had his dogs loose inside the place. He had an adorable Golden Retriever. After a couple of drinks, and a free drink from the owner we headed home.
No comments:
Post a Comment