Sunday, February 8, 2009

Getting to know our Chinese classmates

Tuesday Feb 3rd

Since the dumpling place finally decided to re-open after being closed entirely too long for new years, Caitlin and I only found it appropriate to go there for lunch. Apparently many other people had the same idea. It took forever to get our dumplings. Caitlin and I ended up having to take them to go, and we ate them during class.

After class we went to the track to run.  The track was much more active than I thought it was going to be. There were a lot of people running and doing exercises. The majority of these people were male, however the females that were working out only seemed to be walking, so Caitlin and I received some interesting looks when we were running and working out with the guys.

I went out with some of the guys to get rice from the street vendors. Then we came back and played some Eucher. It was a close game but Kyle and I managed to win.

Wednesday Feb 4th

This morning I slept in and then went to Weiqi’s class. Some of our Chinese classmates sat in on this class so Weiqi often stopped the class to make sure that they agreed with what she was telling us about the Chinese culture.

After class we went to the dining hall for dinner. When we got back from dinner a bunch of the Chinese kids were still around (they live at the other campus) so we all just hung out and got to know each other some more. The Chinese students decided they wanted to go out to the bars, so we took them to Bulldogs with us. It actually seemed appropriate since one of them was celebrating his 21st birthday, and since he was hanging out with Americans, it made sense to go out and celebrate the way Americans do.

Upon arrival at bulldogs we all started playing games. Eventually we all were dancing. Our classmates had a great time. For most of them, it was their first time in a bar.  Hopefully we don’t end up being too bad of influences on them.

No comments: