Sunday Feb 22nd…
Our last day in Harbin and we got all of the attractions out of the way yesterday so we slept in a little bit and stayed warm for as long as possible. We had to check out of the hotel by noon but they held our backpacks for us all day so we didn’t have to worry about carrying them around the city.
Kevin lost his wallet. He was hoping it was at the USA bar so after lunch at a little local place him and Josh went to look for it. Caitlin and I just hung out for a while and then heard that they were having a celebratory beer since they found it, so we decided to join them. At this point the day was dwindling quickly since we had to leave around 4:30PM to get to the airport in time for our flight. So we had a couple of beers and played a couple hands of euchre, which Kevin and I won J and then headed back to the hotel to get our bags. We got taxis and headed to the airport.
When we got back to the Hongqiao airport the line for the taxis was ridiculous! We waited in line for about 45 minutes just to get a taxi. There were some people offering rides for triple the price of what is should be…it wasn’t worth it so us to we just waited in line. I cannot get over how many people were in this line!
Overall it was a great trip. We saw so a lot! We are very lucky to have the opportunity to travel and explore the other side of the world.
It was nice to see a blue sky for a couple of days. No smog, no gray, just crystal clear! Also it was nice to have a little bit of winter. I am so use to having winter and this year I completely bypassed it except for the 2 weeks I was in WI for Christmas break. But nothing in the world could have prepared us for how cold it actually was in Harbin.
No comments:
Post a Comment