Sunday, February 8, 2009

A little shopping and trip planning

Saturday Feb 7th

Today I went and ordered my custom tailored coat at the Science and technology shopping center. It is a very classic ¾ length camel color coat. I hope it turns out the way I expect it to. I ordered it from the same tailor that made the guys coats. I am really excited to go pick it up in a couple of weeks.

After a long time with the tailor deciding exactly what I wanted I continued to walk around and shop. I decided I needed to buy some boots since I will be heading up North in a couple of weeks.  I am ashamed to report I bought a pair of knock off Ugg boots. I only bought them because they are warm and I need something to keep my feet warm and dry while I go trudge around in the snow when I am visiting Harbin in 2 weeks.

I will be heading up north to Harbin, China for the annual Ice & Snow Festival. After shopping and eating dinner in the dinning hall Caitlin and I sat down and bought tickets for our flight. They ended up being less than $150. I was really surprised and very excited to be able to go on such an affordable trip. If you don’t know what this festival is, Google the Harbin Ice & Snow Festival. The pictures are incredible and I am really excited that I am going to see it, even if it is extremely cold (Harbin is so far north, it close to Russia…so it will be cold!)

I had planned on it being a really relaxed night and it was, until about 12:30AM when a group of us decided to go out because one of our Chinese classmates came in from Minhang to hang out with us. Now, we cannot let this kid down. So we went out and showed him a good time, but I definitely did not get as much sleep as I was planning on.

No comments: