Friday Feb. 13th…
For lunch Caitlin and I went to get dumplings. We decided we needed to go to our favorite dumpling place one last time. And it was, as always, delicious!
In the afternoon we had our last class. We all had to give our final presentations, so it ended up being a long class.
That night we had a big dinner with Dianne, Weiqi, and our Chinese classmates. It was a lot of fun. There were a lot of toasts. One of the Chinese guys sang a popular song, all the Chinese people ended up joining in. Then they had me start Hail Purdue. It was really neat to see the interaction with the Chinese students and Weiqi. Everyone had such a great time. And the food was fantastic. Our hotel had a restaurant in it, so we just ate there, and the Chinese students picked out the meal…It may have been one of the bests that we have had!
After our meal Caitlin and I watched Greys Anatomy and Private Practice….we have to wait until Friday for the shows to be posted! They were fantastic. I am so glad I don’t have to wait until this summer to catch up on them J
After we were done with our shows we went out with our Chinese classmates…they took us KTVing. The way KTV works is you get a room based on the size of your group. Well when we started our group was less than 10 but eventually we had about 25 people in this room made for about 10 people. It was so much fun! The Chinese kids sang some of the Chinese songs for us and then we all sang some of the American songs. I was actually surprised with how many songs they had to choose from. Some people ended up leaving around 1AM to go to a club but there were about 6 of us that stayed. Then some of the Italians came and met us. Time just flew by and before you know it we were still singing at 5AM. We ended up leaving shortly there after and went to McD’s for breakfast.
Now lets talk about McD’s…I don’t know what happened but somehow they served me three Pepsi’s but charged me for the meal that I ordered. Maybe it was part of my broken Chinese and my pointing that confused them. I dunno. I am still confused how this happened. I eventually got it figured out, Thank God!!
When Caitlin and I got back to the hotel we walked into our room to find that our comforters and pillows had been stolen…Thankfully Kyle texted me and then called me right after he committed this act of breaking and entering so I knew exactly where our bedding was. Turns out they went down to the front desk and the housekeeping just let them in…this happened a lot while we were in that hotel. I guess they see white person and then they see our block of rooms and think it’s legit. Upon entering Kyle’s room we only found one set that we needed but we knew just where to find the other one. So after getting into Abhinav’s room we finally had our bedding back JFriday 13th…
For lunch Caitlin and I went to get dumplings. We decided we needed to go to our favorite dumpling place one last time. And it was, as always, delicious!
In the afternoon we had our last class. We all had to give our final presentations, so it ended up being a long class.
That night we had a big dinner with Dianne, Weiqi, and our Chinese classmates. It was a lot of fun. There were a lot of toasts. One of the Chinese guys sang a popular song, all the Chinese people ended up joining in. Then they had me start Hail Purdue. It was really neat to see the interaction with the Chinese students and Weiqi. Everyone had such a great time. And the food was fantastic. Our hotel had a restaurant in it, so we just ate there, and the Chinese students picked out the meal…It may have been one of the bests that we have had!
After our meal Caitlin and I watched Greys Anatomy and Private Practice….we have to wait until Friday for the shows to be posted! They were fantastic. I am so glad I don’t have to wait until this summer to catch up on them J
After we were done with our shows we went out with our Chinese classmates…they took us KTVing. The way KTV works is you get a room based on the size of your group. Well when we started our group was less than 10 but eventually we had about 25 people in this room made for about 10 people. It was so much fun! The Chinese kids sang some of the Chinese songs for us and then we all sang some of the American songs. I was actually surprised with how many songs they had to choose from. Some people ended up leaving around 1AM to go to a club but there were about 6 of us that stayed. Then some of the Italians came and met us. Time just flew by and before you know it we were still singing at 5AM. We ended up leaving shortly there after and went to McD’s for breakfast.
Now lets talk about McD’s…I don’t know what happened but somehow they served me three Pepsi’s but charged me for the meal that I ordered. Maybe it was part of my broken Chinese and my pointing that confused them. I dunno. I am still confused how this happened. I eventually got it figured out, Thank God!!!
When Caitlin and I got back to the hotel we walked into our room to find that our comforters and pillows had been stolen…Thankfully Kyle texted me and then called me right after he committed this act of breaking and entering so I knew exactly where our bedding was. Turns out they went down to the front desk and the housekeeping just let them in…this happened a lot while we were in that hotel. I guess they see white person and then they see our block of rooms and think it’s legit. Upon entering Kyle’s room we only found one set that we needed but we knew just where to find the other one. So after getting into Abhinav’s room we finally had our bedding back J These boys sure do keep us on our toes…but it makes it fun!
Other than our bedding being stolen, Friday the 13th was a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment