Thursday Jan 29th…
Dianne canceled class today…although we have to make it up on Friday. Today ended up being a day of rest. Caitlin and I went to the mall for lunch. We wanted to get dumplings but like most things in China, it was closed for the Chinese New Year. Everything shuts down it is absolutely ridiculous. After lunch I got some laundry done. Later in the day Caitlin, Kyle and I did a workout video. It was a lot of fun, we set it up in the hallway of the hotel so we would have more room to move around.
We saw another amazing firework show from our window. Fireworks had been going off all night but around 11:40PM the fireworks were everywhere. It was crazy. They lasted for at least 30 minutes. The sky ended up getting so smoky that we couldn’t even see them anymore. Every direction we looked there was another set of fireworks. It was absolutely incredible.
The reason their were so many fireworks was because at midnight it would be the 5th day of the Chinese new year, which means the God of wealth would be coming, so everyone was welcoming him with the fireworks.
Friday Jan 30th…
We sat through class all day. We had to make up our class from Thursday and then we had our regular class scheduled, which was really long because we were giving our presentations. After class we all just hung out and laid low for a while then some of us went over to Metro City (The Dome as I like to call it) and ate at their dinning court.
While at dinner we decided we were going to drink in the rooms and just keep it a low key night. We bought some beer and headed back to the Faculty Club. We all just hung out and drank for a while. Eventually most of the guys left to go get massages while Caitlin, Kyle, and I went over to Bulldogs. We have hung out with the bartender so we knew it would be a cheap outing. After Bulldogs we ended up going to a dance club. It was absolutely dead but Caitlin and I had fun dancing.
It was a fun night and now another weekend with more gorgeous weather.
No comments:
Post a Comment