So we did Laundry for the first time this weekend. Well, actually, we didn't really do much of anything...The lady did it all for us. Laundry in China is great!!!
Caitlin and I walked in (there is a laundry mat on campus) and we sorted our clothes into the amount of washers we wanted. We bought soap from the woman. She asked if we wanted her to switch the clothes into the dryer for us, we said yes even though it costs 2 kuai for this service. Then she asked 15 minutes or 30 minutes on the dryers, we said 30 and didn't think everything was going to dry but it did, amazingly! My jeans were even dry---that’s a good quick dryer. She told us how much it would cost for each of us; 44 kuai including soap...less than $7 for 2 washers, and 2 dryers, someone else to switch it, and turns out she folds everything!!! I love doing laundry in China! it was a fun experience because she didn't speak any english. I was able to understand most things she said however I struggled with responding. Thats okay, it all got done and it was really easy!!
This weekend we walked around the Pudong side. We haven't really explored it too much prior to this. It is really nice, everything is new, and its very modern. We walked to the JinMao Tower and actually went inside of it. The Grand Hyatt Hotel Lobby is on the 54th floor...we went up there and looked around. It is gorgeous! Someone looked at the prices, apparently for a single room, one night is about $1,000.00...I can only dream that someday a company will send me around the world and have me stay in hotels like that one!!!
I love walking around the city at night just to see everything lit up. Also, decorations for the lunar new year celebration are starting to go up so everything is ever more vibrant than it normally would be. That celebration starts in a week!!!
For lunch on Sunday we went to the street market to the west of campus and got some lunch, we then ate that lunch in the park. Since it was Sunday there were a lot of family's out and kids playing. It was a great atmosphere and even better people watching.
I know back home is struggling with some very harsh cold weather but i am happy to report this weekend was about 12 degrees (I am in celsius), so we were enjoying about 55 degree fahrenheit weather :)
No comments:
Post a Comment