Friday Jan 23rd…
I gave a presentation this morning in class. It is weird to think that today finalized our 3rd week of classes in Shanghai. I cannot believe how fast time is going.
During the afternoon I went with Kyle and Adam to get facials. We were redeeming our free gift cards that the bartender from Luckys gave us. It was 1.5 hours long and amazing!
I will definitely be getting another one of those while I am here. I still have not gotten one of China’s famous foot massages yet…but I know when I do finally get one, it will be marvelous.
After the facial we came back and ate dinner in the dome, which is by the Gateway Mall (a couple blocks away). There is a big food court downstairs with great food. There was a big group of us that went. There were so many options!!!
Later that night some of us ended up going to a new place called Mural. There was a lot of seating and a small dance floor. Two of the front desk girls came with us (a couple of guys have been talking to them), so it was fun to have some Chinese people with us. We taught them some of our drinking games, and they taught us some of their dances. It was another great night.
Saturday Jan 24th…
Saturday was a wasted day. Since we had a late night on Friday I slept for a lot of the day on Saturday. I ended up lounging around and eventually made it to the dinning hall for dinner.
Saturday night was a ton of fun. We went to listen to live jazz music at Cotton Club. The Jazz was fantastic. The first set was instrumental and then next set they added a singer. Apparently this guy that sang is a big shot at 3M. The last set was with a different singer. She was awesome! Her voice was great, it sounded like some great Jazz that I would hear in the French quarter of New Orleans. Everyone performing looked like they were enjoying themselves. Some people from the crowd got up and danced while others enjoyed from their seats. It was a dark cozy place; we had a booth so it was even cozier.
No comments:
Post a Comment