Saturday, January 17, 2009

My first all nighter in China

Friday Jan 16th

We had Dianne’s class in the morning and then we took a field trip to the Shanghai Municipal Museum for Weiqi’s class.  I wouldn’t say it was the best field trip because everything was written in Chinese. However, based on the history that we have learned in class and the dates posted next to the pictures on display it was cool to kind of be able to tell the general themes for each picture. They did have a quick video with the time line of the construction in Pudong, which was interesting to see all of those skyscrapers be built within about a 15 year time frame. Most of the big skyscrapers only took about a year and half to build.

After our field trip we came back and watched Kung Fu Panda, well everyone else did, I ended up falling asleep but the parts that I saw were really cute. After the movie we all got ready and went out again…this time there was reason to celebrate, Chris was turning 21. The drink of choice was Whisky and green tea….it is absolutely amazing! I had it last time I was in Shanghai and everyone thought I was crazy when I told them about it. And the other night the guys had an opportunity to try it when we were hanging out with the locals at C’s…they too, loved it.

I met three Chinese people who were playing dice. They looked like they were having a lot of fun so I just introduced myself and they taught me the game. I swear every Chinese person I meet knows another game with dice. We laughed a lot and we are now friends (The girls and I exchanged numbers…I am telling you, it is what the younger Chinese people do).

This night turned into a long night of just meeting people and hanging out with everyone in our group. We actually came home around 6:30AM…haha turns out the main gate is open that early. See I am learning so much!!!! 

It's just like at Purdue...All nighters!!! haha I guess at Purdue when I pull an all nighter its usually school related

No comments: