Friday, May 1, 2009

Indian Food

Last night Chris, Abhinav, Helen, Caitlin and I went into the city to get Indian food. I have never had Indian food, and since Abhinav is originally from India and knows the food well, what better way to try Indian food than with someone who knows what he is ordering.

The place wasn’t far from a subway stop, about a 5 minute walk. I don’t remember the name of the place but I would be able to find it again J We sat down and the server spoke English in addition to Hindi. Abhinav knows some Hindi so he conversed with him in Hindi rather than English. We left him in charge of ordering everything since he knows the dishes well. Abhinav ordered 5 dishes for all of us to share. I don’t remember the names of any of the things he ordered but they were really good. The chicken we had was extremely tender, and the lamb was great. We had another Chicken dish that was cut up into smaller chuncks with gravy on top of it. We also had a spinach cheese that we dipped the nan in. The last thing we had was just chunks of cheese, this dish wasn’t as good, they cheese was slightly dried out.

Overall I loved the food. There wasn’t spice to it like I was expecting although I am sure most of the dishes are spicy. Even though I thought it was great Abhinav said he only would have rated it a 6 out of 10 for Indian Food.

No comments: