So it was a Monday night and 3 of us decided we wanted to get away for the weekend we threw around a couple of different destinations but the obvious one prevailed…Sanya, China. It is in southern part of China and it is called ‘The Hawaii of China’. It is on a tropical Island with gorgeous beaches and constantly warm weather. It took us a few days to figure out the cheapest flights and living arrangements but on Thursday night we were headed south for a tropical getaway.
After a three-hour flight we landed in Sanya-It was 12:10AM. The minute we stepped outside we could feel the humidity. We took a shuttle bus, that didn’t have shocks so we were bouncing the whole ride, to the Dadonghai beach area. We got off and we were hoping for the best. We were very fortunate we found where our hostel was very quickly.
We checked into our hostel and went upstairs to checkout our room. When we got upstairs the guys went in first and immediately told me that I can have the middle bed (we had a 3 bed room with our own bathroom). I was wondering why such a quick decision so I entered the room with caution. I take maybe 3 steps in the room and there was a HUGE flying cockroach sitting on the pillow of the middle bed! I was going to have nothing to do with that so I stayed in the doorway. The guys were just as scared by it as I was. After just looking at it for a couple of minutes we went downstairs to tell the lady that checked us in. She told the guys to kill it because she was afraid!! So we went back upstairs. It was no longer on the pillow when we got upstairs so the guys were cautiously looking under the bed and then without any warning Abhinav decides to flip the top pillow to see if it was under it. It was! And it started flying, it flew right on to Keans leg…Ooo it was so gross. We all ran into the hall closing the door behind us. At this point the lady found us another available 3-bed room and brought us the key. We entered our new room with extreme caution. We fearfully looked under the beds and we were all clear…no cockroaches J The last room and this room were actually really nice, I guess you just can’t control the tropical bugs J
We were all sweating so we turned on the a-con and just relaxed for a while. Then we headed out to the streets to get an extremely late dinner and to buy some water. By the time we bought the water and headed down a block by the street food it was close to 2AM and the streets were packed! There were tons of people out without a worry in the world, just drinking a couple of beers and eating. We all ate some food and then headed back to the hostel to get some sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment